I believe lessons should be a guide for students so they can, as they learn the knowledge and skills related to the curricular contents, develop the following:
- Metacognition through reflection
- Self knowledge that leads to the creation of beliefs that will help students in their decision making process
- Self awareness that leads to understanding and control of students' emotions and feelings, and this in turn will lead to empathy
- Metamemroy that leads to understanding, control and recalling of their memories by students and leads to introspection
- World knowledge that will help them in their critical thinking and high-order skills
- Experiences management that will help students create an identity and find the meaning of what they are learning
- Goal creation abilities that will lead to goals and tasks in which students will learn to measure their progress and manage their effort
- Strategies creation abilities that will help students with problem solving and which they will be able, with practice, to transfer to other contexts.
Below is a mindmap of what I believe should be included in every lesson.